Download the Tough Ruck Training Guide
Division Eligibility & Rules
- Military categories (light and heavy) are open to Active Duty Military, Reserves, National Guard, and Retirees.
- All individuals in a military category must comply with AR 670-1 (Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia) or equivalent for branch of service.
- Participants will wear BDUs, ACUs or their service equivalent uniform. Non-standard T-shirts may be worn in place of the regulation T-shirts.
- Participants must be in full uniform during the opening ceremony and at the start of the march. Only uniform tops and headgear may be removed along the route as desired.
- Boots may not be exchanged for any other footgear along the route. Anyone caught violating this rule will be disqualified. Footwear is limited to military service recognized boots. Hi-Tech style boots may be worn if authorized by individual service regulations or commander.
- Teams representing organization such as police or fire or EMTs an invited to wear uniforms.
- Military PT uniforms are not authorized when competing in a Active Duty Military category.
- Non-military categories are open to anyone, whether you are military or civilian. If you are in the military, but wish to enter a non-military category you are allowed to do so.