Mechanics of Movement
There are three main things to keep in mind when rucking:
1. Shorten your stride to reduce impact force and biomechanical strain.
2. Keep your head level, balanced, and focused in front of you. Look forward, not down!
3. Keep repeating steps 1 and 2; as we get tired we often forget the basics or fall in to bad habits.
1. Find a flat, known distance of about 100 feet (exact distance isn’t important).
2. Walk down and back normally (film yourself, or have a friend film you).
3. Carry your packed ruck (filming yourself once again).
4. Compare the two videos and make any necessary corrections.